We do same day adoptions. This means that if you find cat/kitten who is a match, you take him/her home the same day. Here is a list of supplies you will need before adopting:
- Cat carrier at adoption. If using an existing carrier make sure it has been recently cleaned and disinfected! Cats do not like being put in a box that smells like other cats.
- Litterbox. Experts recommend 1 addition box than cats in household. To avoid litterbox problems, read: “The Litterbox from Your Cat’s Point of View” and “Lapsed Litterbox Users“
- Unscented Litter (non-clumping for kittens <4 months).
- Food and water bowls. Stainless steel is recommended over ceramic. Never use plastic; it can be toxic to your cat and no matter how well you clean it, residue remains and bacteria grows
- Toys. Cats love feather toys –you will want to get “brain” toys and “prey” toys for enrichment and stimulation
- Cardboard scratching post and/or cat tower
- Food (Review “Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition” by Dr. Lisa Pierson)